Do you have unrealistic expectations of yourself, followed by self-judgment, criticism and berating yourself? How do you honor where you’re at and find the balance between honoring and pushing? Much of the healing you do is in relationship with others. There may also be an expectation that you will “arrive” at a permanent state of healing or peace, and then you judge yourself when you drop back into the struggle. Specific tools are provided for when you’re back in the “meh.”
Patricia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Coach. She knows what it’s like to feel like an outcast, misfit, and truthteller. Learning about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), helped Patricia rewrite her history with a deeper understanding, appreciation, and a sense of self-compassion. She created the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive to help other HSPs know that they aren’t alone, and that being an HSP has amazing gifts, and some challenges. Patricia works online globally working individually with people, and she teaches Online Courses for HSPs that focus on understanding what it means to be an HSP, self-care, self-compassion, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, communication, and creating a lifestyle that honors us
- This is phasic not basic
- You will have peaks and valleys
- It’s ok to rest
- It’s ok to be tired
- Can you find a book or magazine to read?
- Can you walk barefoot?
- Can you find something soothing to watch?
- Can you reach out for support?
- Do you need to lovingly move your body?
- Can you spend time with a pet?
- Can you spend time outdoors or in nature?
- Found some great things on Netflix to watch
- You haven’t “lost” anything
- Can you find self-compassion?
HSP Online Course–https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
Online HSP Course Materials (no group included) https://patriciayounglcsw.com/product-category/hsp-classes/
Receive the top 10 most downloaded episodes of the podcast– https://www.subscribepage.com/e6z6e6
Sign up for the Newsletter– https://www.subscribepage.com/y0l7d4
To write a review in itunes:
- click on this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unapologetically-sensitive/id1440433481?mt=2
- select “listen on Apple Podcasts”
- chose “open in itunes”
- choose “ratings and reviews”
- click to rate the number of starts
- click “write a review”
Closed/Private Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Tik Tok– https://www.tiktok.com/@hsppodcast
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com