Video Interviews with HSPs
who have taken The Course
Online HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) Course Testimonial 1 of 4
Podcast Interviews with HSPs
who have taken The Course
click on the episode and you will be taken to a podcast player (or find this episode on your favorite podcast player)
These are the skills and take-aways you will get in each module
Group culture, expectations, creating safety, creating community
- Recognizing what makes an environment HS friendly
- Being able to identify when our HS needs are being honored and supported
- Articulating our needs as a Highly Sensitive Person
- Experiencing being seen and heard
- Learning how to talk about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person
- Building pride in being an HSP
- Learning ways to bridge the gap between HSPs and non-HSPs
Mindfulness & Self Compassion
- Formal and informal practices-moving meditation, guided meditation
- Learning how to curiously observe what comes up and to use it as information instead of reacting to things
- More self-compassion and compassion for others
- Being more emotionally responsive vs. emotional reactive (being able to press the pause button)
- Meeting life on its terms instead of arm wrestling with it
Identifying negative messages we've received, and turning them into superpowers
- Embracing our traits
- Naming our strengths
- Recognizing when our gremlins are up and how to work with them
- Identifying when we get triggered, and having tools to manage
- Seeing comments about sensitivity as being about the other person
- Identifying and verbalizing the traits that resonate for us
- Knowing Done is better than perfect
- A sense of belonging comes from allowing ourselves to be seen imperfectly
- "When perfectionism is driving, shame is riding shotgun" Brene Brown
- More self-acceptance
- More ease in relationships because now the standards are more realistic
- Not having to "hustle" for our worth or sense of value
- Learning how to set goals that are achievable
- Actually accomplishing more due to acceptance
Embracing our emotions
- Understanding our emotions
- Knowing that emotions come and go
- Learning how to honor our feelings without getting overwhelmed
- Understanding that emotions aren't something we can control, but we can choose how we respond.
- Creating safety to feel our emotions
- Recognizing that emotions can inform our actions/behavior, but they do not need to drive our behavior
Self-Care is non-negotiable
- You can't pour from an empty cup
- Self-care is an imperative; which is ultimately a selfless act
- When we take care of ourselves, everyone benefits in the long run
- Knowing when we take care of ourselves, we have more to offer others
- Having richer and deeper relationships because we are fulfilled and coming from a place where we have more to offer
Boundaries and practicing being more comfortable with conflict
- Trusting our feelings
- Learning how to set boundaries without emotion
- Learning how to compassionately, but kindly state what is and is not acceptable
- Seeing boundaries as creating safety for ourselves and others
- Owning our power and KNOWING that our wants and needs are perfectly acceptable and reasonable
- Developing flexibility because boundaries are about the relationship and not the rules
Communication, vulnerability and authenticity
- Educate others about the trait
- Model healthy communication
- More depth, closeness and trust in relationships
- Marshall Rosenberg's Non-Violent Communication
Creating a lifestyle that is HSP friendly and honors our HSP needs (aka The Proper Care and Feeding of the HSP)
- Understanding what our individual needs are for sleep, down-time, play, nutrition, socializing
- Identifying what joyful movement (aka exercise) looks like
- Having spiritual practices (or knowing what they are) in place-nature, yoga, walks, meditation, etc
- Learning how much social time we need without getting overstimulated
- Identifying what things help us feel connected
- Knowing what things give meaning to our lives
- Learning how to do non-HSP events in manageable chunks
Jen Perry and I have created a thorough assessment tool that helps us understand where you're at with each of the core modules listed.
Jen and I teach our own Courses separately. When Jen is teaching Courses, her availability is listed under her own Courses.
Every week, you will receive a video tape (and audio version) about each module (Jen and I have made special recordings for each week of the course). There are prompts included to help you start evaluating where you're at with that topic (Where does this show up for me? When is it easy to implement this skill? When is it difficult? What do I think will/won't happen around this, if I…?). Often, links to additional resources are included for additional support.
At the beginning of every group, we do a grounding exercise we affectionately call How the hell are you? Group members have said it really helps them to land and check into their body; how they're feeling, and to increase awareness about what they are bringing to group (anxiety, irritation, judgment, fear), and what they are needing from group. It's a way to practice identifying what you need and how the group can support you.
Then we open the group up for discussion and participation. Although the focus for that week is the topic around the video and prompts that members have already received, this group is here to support each member in whatever is coming up for them. We often use something a group member is experiencing, or struggling with to work on.
We have used role-plays during group when a member is struggling with setting a boundary (if the member wants to do this). We provide lots of education, validation, affirmation and tools to help each member embrace their HS traits.
Course Days & Times
Due to COVID-19, I'm asking people to send me an e-mail if you're interested in a group. When we have enough people, I'll create a group. If we need to find another day/time, I'm open to doing that.
Tuesdays 10:30 am - 11:50 am PST
Wednesdays 3:00 pm - 4:20 pm PST
Thursday noon - 1:20 pm PST
Course Price & Length
Limited to 8 members/group
courses will meet for 10 sessions-1 hour 20 minutes/group
I will not charge your credit card until I know we have enough people to fill a group, and you have completed all the paperwork.
If you need to make payments, please let me know. I'm happy to work with you.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.