You’ve been telling me that you want more, and now there are:
HSP *online courses available internationally just for you!
New courses starting January 2020!
To listen to a 40 minute podcast episode that is all about the online courses, click on the episode below
If you’d rather just listen to an overview of the topics to be covered, select the audiogram below
Introduction & Creating Community
Identifying Negative Messages & Turning Them Into Superpowers
Self-Care is Non-Negotiable
Communication, Vulnerability and Authenticity
Mindfulness & Self-Compassion
Boundaries and The Highly Sensitive Person
Demystifying/Embracing our Emotions
Creating a Lifestyle that is HSP Friendly
Group culture, expectations, creating safety, creating community
- Everyone is seen and heard
- Basic education about the trait
- Building pride in being an HSP
- Questions and discussion
- Recognizing we live in a non-HSP world, and we to assert our HSP needs to live peacefully together
Identifying negative messages we’ve received, and turning them into superpowers
- Embracing our traits
- Naming our strengths
- Identifying when we get triggered, and having tools to manage
- Seeing comments about sensitivity as being about the other person
- Identifying and verbalizing the traits that resonate for us
Boundaries and practicing being more comfortable with conflict
- Trusting our feelings
- Learning how to set boundaries without emotion
- Learning how to compassionately, but kindly state what is and is not acceptable
- Seeing boundaries as creating safety for ourselves and others
- Owning our power and KNOWING our that our wants and needs are perfectly acceptable and reasonable
- Developing flexibility-boundaries are about the relationship and not the rules
Self-Care is non-negotiable
- You can’t pour from an empty cup
- Self-care is an imperative; which is ultimately a selfless act
- When we take care of ourselves, everyone benefits in the long run
- Knowing when we take care of ourselves, we have more to offer others
- Having richer and deeper relationships because we are fulfilled and coming from a place where we have more to offer
- Knowing Done is better than perfect
- A sense of belonging comes from allowing ourselves to be seen imperfectly
- “When perfectionism is driving, shame is riding shotgun” Brene Brown
- More self-acceptance
- More ease in relationships because now the standards are more realistic
- Not having to “hustle” for our worth or sense of value
- Learning how to set goals that are achievable
- Actually accomplishing more due to acceptance
Communication, vulnerability and authenticity
- Educate others about the trait
- Model healthy communication
- More depth, closeness and trust in relationships
- Marshall Rosenberg’s Non-Violent Communication
Creating a lifestyle that is HSP friendly and honors our HSP needs (aka The Proper Care and Feeding of the HSP)
- Getting enough rest, down time, quiet time
- Just enough socializing
- Feeling a deeper sense of connection
- More meaning in your life
- Learning how to do non-HSP events in manageable chunks
Embracing our emotions
- Basic education about emotion theory
- Emotions can’t hurt us
- Emotions are to be honored and felt
- Emotions aren’t something we can control, but we can choose how we respond to our emotions
- Creating safety to feel our emotions
- Emotions can inform our actions/behavior, but do not need to drive our behavior
- We have a deep sense of connection when we get comfortable experiencing our feelings
Mindfulness & Self Compassion
- Formal and informal practices-moving meditation, guided meditation
- Learning how to curiously observe what comes up and to use it as information instead of reacting to things
- More self-compassion and compassion for others
- Being more emotionally responsive vs. emotional reactive (being able to press the pause button)
- Meeting life on its terms instead of arm wrestling with it
Jen Perry and I have created a thorough assessment tool that helps us understand where you’re at with each of the core modules listed.
Every week, you will receive a video tape (and audio version) about each module (Jen and I have made special recordings for each week of the course). There are prompts included to help you start evaluating where you’re at with that topic (Where does this show up for me? When is it easy to implement this skill? When is it difficult? What do I think will/won’t happen around this, if I…?). Often, links to additional resources are included for additional support
At the beginning of every group, we do a grounding exercise we affectionately call How the hell are you? Group members have said it really helps them to land and check into their body; how they’re feeling, and to increase awareness about what they are bringing to group (anxiety, irritation, judgment, fear), and what they are needing from group.
Then we open the group up for discussion and participation. Although the focus for that week is the topic around the video and prompts that members have already received, this group is here to support each member in whatever is coming up for them.
We have used role-plays during group when a member is struggling with setting a boundary (if the member wants to do this). We provide lots of education, validation, affirmation and tools to help each member embrace their HS traits.
Course Price & Length
Limited to 6 members/group
courses will meet for 10 sessions-1 hour 20 minutes/group
money-back guarantee (see below)
Specific Days/Times of Courses
To be announced December 2019.
What if I don’t like the course?
I get that it can be hard to make a big investment, and often HSPs really want to be SURE that this is worth it. I know I’ve wondered if I’ll fit in as an HSP. I wonder will my needs get met? What if it totally sucks and I’m out a shit-ton of money? Totally understandable!
We’ve gotten such positive feedback from participants, that we feel confident in the quality and comprehensiveness of what we’re providing.
We ask that you attend 4 full sessions (please arrive on time and stay until the end). If you feel that the course is not meeting your needs, we will refund the full amount that you paid.
Please check back in December when registration will be open