Finding a community of people who are wired like you is healing and validating since HSPs often feel isolated in traditional social settings. As a result of taking the Online HSP Course, Kathy shares how she learned that nothing is wrong with her, and how she learned to trust herself. The Group models what a functional “family” is like, and everyone has permission to show up exactly as they are. We talk about the importance of resistance, and how to work with negative thoughts when doing new things.
Kathy McGrane, MA
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover the positive impact of being in community with other HSPs.
- Learn ways to fostering self-trust and self-acceptance as a Highly Sensitive Person.
- Understand the importance of nurturing healthy relationships and open communication.
- Gain the ability to shift the focus from external validation to internal validation and increasing your sense of self-worth.
- Implement effective strategies for managing and embracing your characteristics.
Kathy McGrane, MA is a lover of books, Scrabble, Spanish, Chinese tea, music, silence, being, good conversation, good food, naps, walks and gentle hikes. She has lived in Colombia, South America, Spain, Colorado, and Texas (on the U.S. Mexican Border). She is originally from Iowa and has lived now in Illinois for 20 plus years. She works as an Academic Advisor at a community college.
Patricia was a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, but is now exclusively providing coaching. She knows what it’s like to feel like an outcast, misfit, and truthteller. Learning about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), then learning she is neurodivergent helped Patricia rewrite her history with a deeper understanding, appreciation, and a sense of self-compassion. She created the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive to help other neurodivergent folks know that they aren’t alone, and that having a brain that is wired differently comes with amazing gifts, and some challenges. Patricia works online globally working individually with people, and she teaches Online Courses for HSPs that focus on understanding what it means to be an HSP, self-care, self-compassion, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, communication, and creating a lifestyle that honors you
HSP Online Course–https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
Online HSP Course Materials (no group included) https://patriciayounglcsw.com/product-category/hsp-classes/
Receive the top 10 most downloaded episodes of the podcast– https://www.subscribepage.com/e6z6e6
Sign up for the Newsletter– https://www.subscribepage.com/y0l7d4
To write a review in itunes:
- click on this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unapologetically-sensitive/id1440433481?mt=2
- select “listen on Apple Podcasts”
- chose “open in itunes”
- choose “ratings and reviews”
- click to rate the number of starts
- click “write a review”
Closed/Private Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com