I rebuilt my nervous system and strengthened it after it broke
Amber’s body tried to get her attention, but doctors couldn’t figure out what was wrong. After seeing 35 specialists, who couldn’t provide answers, she decided to do her own research. Amber learned how to heal and rebuild her nervous system. Her mantra is, I can do hard things. Amber shares her daily routine with us, and some of the resources she has used to heal. Please see the show notes since Amber has provided a comprehensive overview with links and specific resources.
My Daily Routine: (I listen to what my body needs and do some of these each day, not all)
- Original Strength (rebuilding my nervous system) One of the most important jobs of the Nervous system’s job is to get air to my brain. https://originalstrength.net/
- Head Control
Tying my NS back together!
- Nervous system changes: put on 30 lbs. very little anxiety, no depression, mood swings, ADHD symptoms, sleeping 8 hours straight, connection, laughter, smiles
- Contralateral Patterns are great to balance brain and decrease anxiety.
Yoga with Adriene https://yogawithadriene.com/
Anything I am connecting my breath and body to movement is yoga
- Working with Eyes
- Wim Hof https://www.wimhofmethod.com/
- Self-Cranial Sacral-The Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve-Stanley Rosenberg
- Playing with puppy
- Time in nature
- Minimalist life
- No news
- Alone time
- Very little social media
- Interval training with JR-building my body, pushing me into panic, becoming BULLETPROOF
- Breathworks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-2d2vYsHSI
- Intuitive Writing
- Grounding-feet in grass
- TRE- https://traumaprevention.com/
- Tapping-EFT https://www.thetappingsolution.com/
- Havening https://www.havening.org/
Dr.’s and HSP’s—finding your own answer, advocating for yourself, reducing overwhelm
- My body tried to get my attention for a long time, but it had to get super-loud in order
for me to listen. (dry mouth, headaches, fibromyalgia, eczema, carpel tunnel, etc.)
- The body will do whatever it has to to keep you alive!! BUT, the body always wins!!
- Learning to feel and move the feelings out of my body
- Careful who I spend time with-don’t do much after 7pm (no phone)
- Will I be able to sleep tonight if I ______________?
- I combat Overwhelm with knowledge
- Developing my PAUSE—pelvic floor, upper back, brain
- Reparenting Myself—resilience is built when as a kid you hit a hard time and your parents help you reset and rebuild-so important as the parent of the HSP
- Holding both
- I’m okay!
- Perfectly imperfect
- Everything will be okay even if it’s not okay.
- Parenting HSP’s
- Somatic change of fear of diabetes
- Reprogramming my day to day life
- What’s out of balance? Symptoms are just a clue that something needs to change or be adjusted
- The best way out is through
- Refiner’s fire—slowly
- God works all things together for good-even this
- What can I learn from this?
- If I get quiet enough…I can always find the answer. My body always knows, but I have to get quiet enough to listen.
- Non-attachment to thoughts
- Feeling not thinking
- No phone after 8
- In bed by 8:30pm
- Mid-night wake ups-
Favorite Anxiety Supplements:
- Magnesium L- Theonate (great for neuroplasticity and sleep too!)- https://www.drperlmutter.com/magnesium-threonate-powers-brain/
- Aconite Napellus
- Phosphatidyl Serine
- Gaba Powder under tongue
- My breath!!
EVERYTHING IN THE DSM IS A NERVOUS SYSTEM ISSUE-ROBERT SCAER (something along those lines-not a direct quote)
Tommy Rosen-The DSM diagnoses are descriptions of behaviors developed in order to keep the body alive during trauma-NOONE IS BROKEN or CRAZY!
Change the question from What wrong with her/him and what medications do they need to what happened to him/her and what do they need to heal?
- The Body Keeps the Score- Bessel Van Der Kulk
- The IRest program for healing PTSD
- The Transformation-James Gordon
- A Mind of your own-Kelly Brogan MD
- Own Your Self-Kelly Brogan MD
- Original Strength- Reloaded- Tim Anderson
- Bouncing Back-Linda Graham
- The Next Right Thing-Emily P. Freeman
- Buddha’s Brain and Hardwiring Happiness-Rick Hanson
- The Diabetes Solution-Dr. Richard K. Bernstein
Neuroplasticity: Rebuilding my brain
- DEEP-Deep purification of my soul
- When looking back, I want to remember the past for the teacher it was. Not a life sentence—always thinking of how to use my hard story to help others and make good out of it! My story for God’s glory!
- Neuroplasticity-breathing and changing stress response—rebuilding my brain!
Amber Lansford is a Highly Sensitive Person from Columbus, Ohio. As a lifelong diabetic and a complex-trauma survivor, her body broke. She could barely walk, digest food, or sleep. As an avid researcher, she has found a way to reverse her diabetes complications using The Diabetes Solution by Richard K Bernstein. She found a way to come off all pharmaceuticals using Dr. Kelly Brogan’s book A Mind of Your Own. She also found the Original Strength Reloaded book by Tim Anderson and became trained as an Original Strength coach to help herself and others rebuild their nervous system. She is passionate about helping others learn to manage their diabetes, practice mindfulness, and rebuild their nervous systems through Original Strength, Yoga, and Breathing.
Patricia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Coach. She knows what it’s like to feel like an outcast, misfit, and truthteller. Learning about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), helped Patricia rewrite her history with a deeper understanding, appreciation and a sense of self-compassion. She created the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive to help other HSPs know that they aren’t alone, and that being an HSP has amazing gifts, and some challenges. Patricia works online globally working individually with people, and she teaches Online Courses for HSPs that focus on understanding what it means to be an HSP, self-care, self-compassion, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, communication, and creating a lifestyle that honors us
HSP Online Course–https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
To write a review in itunes:
- click on this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unapologetically-sensitive/id1440433481?mt=2
- select “listen on Apple Podcasts”
- chose “open in itunes”
- choose “ratings and reviews”
- click to rate the number of starts
- click “write a review”
Closed/Private Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Closed/Private Facebook group for therapists and healers– https://www.facebook.com/groups/208565440423641/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com