I Can Do Hard Things: Friendships Woes, Attachment and Healing
We CAN navigate through difficult times. HSPs often have challenges in relationships. I talk about friendship wounds and how my attachment injuries show up in relationships and how I do my own healing work in and out of the relationship. I give 10 touch points for relationships, and ways to evaluate your relationships. I talk about how we respond to stress and how we’re being impacted by COVID right now.
- When we have attachment wounds or attachment injuries, they will come up in relationships
- COVID is going to pull for more attachment injuries
- Compassion for ourselves and others
- Honor your feelings
- Identify what you want
- Can the relationship tolerate feedback or conflict?
- Get curious about what might be going on for the other person (instead of making up a story in your head)
- Own your part
- What are you wanting the other person to tell you? That’s what you need to tell yourself
- Notices tendencies in relationships. Is it reciprocal?
- You don’t have to abandon the relationship. Can you step back and give it some time?
- Are you being clear and making your wants and needs clear to the other person?
Patricia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Coach. She knows what it’s like to feel like an outcast, misfit, and truth-teller. Learning about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), helped Patricia rewrite her history with a deeper understanding, appreciation and a sense of self-compassion. She created the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive to help other HSPs know that they aren’t alone, and that being an HSP has amazing gifts, and some challenges. Patricia works online globally working individually with people, and she teaches Online Courses for HSPs that focus on understanding what it means to be an HSP, self-care, self-compassion, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, communication, and creating a lifestyle that honors us
HSP Online Course–https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
To write a review in itunes:
- click on this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unapologetically-sensitive/id1440433481?mt=2
- select “listen on Apple Podcasts”
- chose “open in itunes”
- choose “ratings and reviews”
- click to rate the number of starts
- click “write a review”
Closed/Private Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Closed/Private Facebook group for therapists and healers– https://www.facebook.com/groups/208565440423641/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com