Ways To Honor Our Needs Around the Holidays, & I Lost My Sh*t; It’s Not About The Gravy!
How I’m simplifying Thanksgiving and consciously making changes so I don’t lose my sh*t again this Thanksgiving (and if I do, I’ll practice radical self-compassion). How can we use mindfulness to create more peace during this holiday season? I talk about boundaries, and what can make it difficult to set boundaries. I also talk about some of the challenges and benefits of having a practice for gratitude, and then there’s the famous replay from last Thanksgiving.
- Update about the changes I’m making for the holidays this year
- What I was concerned my family would think since we’re just having immediate family for Thanksgiving
- Update on my Mom’s health (after her health scare last year)
- How self-care and reducing stress allows us to be fully present for our loved ones (and most importantly, for ourselves)
- How I’m being impacted by consciously creating things that are workable for the holidays
- The challenges that come up with setting boundaries
- What we tend to imagine when we are getting ready to set boundaries
- The familiar known discomfort we often choose instead of risking an unknown discomfort if we set a boundary
- Boundaries are about the process of practicing them
- We often override our need to make ourselves a priority
- Are you willing to experience a new kind of discomfort?
- How we can use mindfulness to start to see what we want
- How to use radical self-compassion if we’re not ready to make those changes yet
- How we can practice gratitude and still honor our feelings
Patricia Young works with Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) helping them to understand their HSP traits, and turning their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Patricia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and is passionate about providing education to help HSPs and non-HSPs understand and truly appreciate the amazing gifts they have to offer. Patricia works globally online with HSPs providing coaching. Patricia also facilitates online groups for HSPs that focus on building community and developing skills (identifying your superpowers, boundaries, perfectionism, dealing with conflict, mindfulness, embracing emotions, creating a lifestyle that supports the HSP, communication and more).
Online HSP Course–https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
20+ Ways to Practically Manage Change and Loss Throughout the Holidays with Jill Johnson-Young–https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/episode-47/
Creating Peace Throughout The Holidays with Sharon Martin, LCSW–https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/unapologetically-sensitive-episode-6/
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com