When Others Don’t Communicate the Way You Do
As a Highly Sensitive Person, we often expect others to be able to communicate the way we do. My son is having challenges with his 3 roommates, and it got me thinking about how Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) tend to show up in relationships, and what can we do in those relationships where the other person cannot see or own their part; they blame, and open communication is not possible.
- Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs) often are able to communicate with honesty, openness and an ability to hear another person’s perspective
- We are often surprised, angry and disappointed when we learn that others may not have the same capacity that we do
- How do we navigate this?
- If it’s a relationship where we don’t have as much freedom to choose (a boss, school, family relationships), can we put on a “game face” and hold the tender parts of our being back?
- Can we recognize that this is a limitation in the relationship?
- Sometimes we don’t know the other person has a limitation until we have conflict or competing needs
- Sometimes we can work through this
- What are the deal breakers?
Patricia Young hosts the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive, and works with Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) helping them to understand their HSP traits, and turning their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Patricia is passionate about providing education to help HSPs and non-HSPs understand and truly appreciate the amazing gifts they have to offer. Patricia works globally online with HSPs providing coaching. Patricia also facilitates online groups for HSPs that focus on building community and developing skills (identifying your superpowers, boundaries, perfectionism, dealing with conflict, mindfulness, embracing emotions, creating a lifestyle that supports the HSP, communication and more).
Online HSP Course– https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
Welcome video for Online HSP Course–https://youtu.be/pGwwfbnuXfc
To enter the raffle for the scholarship for the Online HSP Course, send an email to unapologeticallysensitive.com and put “HSP Course Raffle” in the subject line. A winner will be announced via e-mail on Monday September 16, 2017
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com