Developing Empathy Guided Me To Hear Myself
Timothy Wienecke, MP, LPC, LAC
The term Highly Sensitive Person was charged and heavy for Tim. He talks about violence against women; interpersonal violence, feminism, learning to have empathy; the ways men are taught to express only anger or happiness and they have no emotional vocabulary. Tim works with men, and he has a podcast that is primarily for men called Stories and Lessons.
- 4 Characteristics of Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs) D-O-E-S
- Depth of processing
- Overarousability & Overstimulation
- Emotional Responsiveness/Empathy
- Sensory Sensitivity
- Learning the skills of how to develop empathy and listen guided me to hear myself
- I don’t think that your empathy and your explorations happens without community
- Empathy is a skill that can be developed
- Men are sexualized to only feel anger
I have spent the last two decades learning with and helping people navigate the hard times life throws at us. I have served as an advocate, representative, Airman, Sergeant, mentor, organizer, educator, and counselor. I will use my experience, passion, and education to empower you with the skills and knowledge needed to find the best way forward.
Tim Wienecke website & podcast–https://empoweredchangece.com/
Dr. Elaine Aron— https://hsperson.com/
Highly Sensitive Person Self Test https://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/
Highly Sensitive Child Test https://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-child-test/
Dr. Ted Zeff— http://www.drtedzeff.com/
Jackson Katz Ted Talk—Violence Against Women—It’s a Man’s Issue https://www.ted.com/talks/jackson_katz_violence_against_women_it_s_a_men_s_issue?language=en
Alan Alda If I Understood You Would I Have This Look On My Face?
MUSIC—Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com