Intuition and Knowing Your Worth
We address the following questions in this episode–What is intuition? Is one’s Inner Voice ever mean or critical? How do you encourage people to get in touch with their intuition? How do we encourage or shut down intuition and communication in kids? We talk about creating meaningful relationships with your children instead of letting rules dictate the relationship. Kelly shares about creating a family mission statement.
- Intuition is that inner voice/wisdom
- We all have intuition
- It’s a Divine part of who you are
- We just need to take time to listen to it
- Intuition is never mean or critical—that’s our ego, which comes from our head
- How do you encourage people to explore their intuition:
- Listen to your inner voice
- Find practices that get us still enough to hear it
- Journaling (or verbally processing) to get our of your head
- How do you encourage intuition and communication in kids?
- Lead by example
- Ask the right questions
- Put the relationship before the punishment or judgment
- How can you tell the difference between intuition and fear?
- Intuition is never mean
- Inner mean girls and critical voices are egocentric
- What’s your superpower as an HSP?
- If you listen deeply, you can hear other people’s inner voices, and you can help people connect to their inner voice. I have amazing ideas for other people that come to me through Divine Inspiration
- “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.”
- What would you tell your younger self?
- You are enough. You don’t have to try so hard
- “My inner voice is loving. It knows my worth, and that I am worthy. It guides me. It’s powerful, encouraging and it can show us the error of our ways.”
Kelly Covert is an inner voice coach with a passion for helping women believe and achieve their big vision by connecting deeply with the wisdom that is inside of them all while owning their worthiness each and every day. Through her intuitive, heart-centered coaching, she helps women awaken to their true power as creators and world-changers.
She is the creator and host of In Her Voice, a podcast for women who feel called to more – to lead, to create, to dream and to change the world. Her work has been featured on The Huffington Post, The Elephant Journal, YourTango.com, and she has been a featured guest on many podcasts.
Kelly is also a professional flutist with Symphoria, a wife and the mother of 2 boys, 15 and 12, and 1 beautiful beagle named Piper.
Patricia Young, LCSW is a therapist in San Diego who is in private practice. Patricia works primarily with Highly Sensitive People (HSP) helping them understand their HSPness, and to turn their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Many clients who come to see her experience depression & anxiety, and they report struggling with perfectionism and not feeling good enough. Patricia is passionate about providing education to help HSPs and non-HSPs understand and truly appreciate all the gifts they have to offer. Patricia provides online (telehealth) therapy to people who live in California. We meet over a private platform (similar to Skype), and you can have therapy from the privacy of your own home—when the kids are at school or are napping; from work; in your pajamas, or when you just can’t face sitting in traffic or going out.
Dr. Elaine Aron’s website— https://hsperson.com/
HSP Self-test– https://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/
HSP Child self-test– https://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-child-test/
Introversion, Extroversion and the Highly Sensitive Person by Jaquelyn Strickland, LPC– https://hsperson.com/introversion-extroversion-and-the-highly-sensitive-person/
Dr. Ted Zeff’s website— http://www.drtedzeff.com/
Strong Sensitive Boy Dr. Ted Zeff
Dr. Ross Greene–https://www.livesinthebalance.org/
The Explosive Child Dr. Ross Greene
Lost at School Dr. Ross Greene
To write a review in itunes:
- click on this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unapologetically-sensitive/id1440433481?mt=2
- select “view in itunes”
- chose “open in itunes”
- choose “ratings and reviews”
- click to rate the number of starts
- click “write a review”
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
MUSIC—Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com