Creating Sanctuary in the Home; How to Create a Space You Love
Helen Joy Butler
Helen Joy Butler is a Sanctuary Creator, Elemental Space Clearer and #HSP Warrior. She talks about creating external sanctuary in our home, which helps to create internal sanctuary. This helps to decrease stress and increase peace. It can also help us feel more grounded in our space. What do we want people to feel when they enter our home? Helen talks about ways to clear or shift stagnant energy in our home. She talks about small ways to make changes so we don’t feel overwhelmed, and the importance of being gentle with ourselves.
- We need to create external sanctuary; this helps to create internal sanctuary
- What externally brings you a sense of sanctuary
- You can create sanctuary pockets or vignettes in your home
- This creates a greater sense of grounding
- Things come to you that you need, and things you don’t need tend to fall away
- You can start with your front door, or the center of your home
- What is my vision for this space?
- What do I want someone to feel when they come into my home?
- What’s a place in your home that is causing you stress?
- If you’re sick or upset, or the area is emotionally charged, it may be best to hold off working on this space
- BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF
- You can start with something small like a junk drawer, or a sock drawer
- When you get rid of things, you create a vortex or a vacuum—the tendency is to refill that space once it’s emptied
- Elemental space clearing—cleansing the energy in a space
- How to energetically clear a space
- Light a candle
- Put on music
- Have tea with a friend
- Move things out as gently as you need
- Move furniture around
- Change the sheets, move a lamp
- Laugh and bring joy into the space
- Do it piece by piece. You don’t want stagnant energy in a room, so you want to keep moving the energy
- What is your intention for the room?
- Joy, connection, happiness, love
- How to create a space you love
- Connect with nature
- Where do I spend my time
- How can I reduce my stress
- Be gentle; be kind
Helen Joy Butler is a Sanctuary Creator, Elemental Space Clearer and #HSP Warrior. Through her business Helen blends practicality and spirituality to create Sanctuary in her client’s home and life. Helen is an accredited Expert Professional Organiser, Certified Elemental Space Clearing® Practitioner, is attuned to Reiki Level 1 and has a Masters of Business Administration as well as two teaching degrees. After the birth of her son, Helen left teaching and started her Professional Organising business, working with clients in their homes as well as educating thousands of people online about organising, decluttering and living a balanced life. Helen lives in Brisbane, Australia, with her husband, teenage son and Elvis the dog.
Patricia Young hosts the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive, and works with Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) helping them to understand their HSP traits, and turning their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Patricia is passionate about providing education to help HSPs and non-HSPs understand and truly appreciate the amazing gifts they have to offer. Patricia works globally online with HSPs providing coaching. Patricia also facilitates online groups for HSPs that focus on building community and developing skills (identifying your superpowers, boundaries, perfectionism, dealing with conflict, mindfulness, embracing emotions, creating a lifestyle that supports the HSP, communication and more).
5 Days to Sanctuary (free course)– https://www.helenjoybutler.com/five-days-to-sanctuary-challenge/
Meetup Saturday October 5, 2019 10 am – noon. Jacaranda Drive between Jacaranda Place and Upas Street at Morley Field. Bring chairs or blankets https://www.meetup.com/Unapologetically-Sensitive-Meetup/events/264665841/
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com