Best of the Podcast: You’re Not Fragile; You’re Very Strong
Annie Schuessler, LMFT
Annie talks about overwhelm, and how she has created an environment that works for her, and what she needs when she travels. Annie talks about how she helps others create fulfilling businesses. We talk about podcasting (and as an introvert), what this has allowed her to do. Annie talks about being called a crybaby, and what she would say now to her younger self.
- You’re not fragile; you’re very strong
- Annie’s response to being an HSP, “I love me, and it’s absolutely a part of me.”
- I am strong and I want to be in difficult conversations
- Another name for HSP—“Highly Percepive” or “Tuned In”
Annie Schuessler is a business coach and the creator of The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program and the podcast Rebel Therapist. She’s been a therapist in private practice for over 15 years, and since 2010 she’s been helping private practice entrepreneurs build profitable and fulfilling businesses by leveraging their unique superpowers. You can find her resources for entrepreneurs trained as therapists at coachingwithannie.com.
- The card game Annie mentions is called Settlers of Catan (or simply Catan)
- Associations made with the term HSP—difficult, sensitive, fragile
- Helping clients identify ideal working hours, what drains their energy, how to make more room for themselves
- We talk about perceived weaknesses and the corresponding strengths of being an HSP
- Annie talks about the myths that clients have when trying to decide what their ideal business looks like
- The challenges Annie experiences when anticipating new situations
- Having full creative control of podcasting and the unexpected gifts it has brought her.
Patricia Young is a Life Coach in California. Patricia works with Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) helping them embrace their HSP gifts, and turning their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Patricia has developed a method for coaching HSPs that has been very effective. If you want to dig in, and move through the challenges you’re facing as an HSP, Patricia has the gift of being able to hone in on the barriers, so you can get straight to work and focus on living the life you were meant to. Patricia also facilitates online specialty groups for HSPs.
Annie’s website: https://www.annieschuessler.com/
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com