Some Ways Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs) Tend to Cope; Soothing vs. Nurturing.
with Heather Dominic, Founder of A Course In Business Miracles
Founder of A Course In Business Miracles, Heather explains coping mechanisms and coping cycles as well as what she refers to as the two shadows, and the work that she does with Highly Sensitive Entrepreneurs. We talk about how coping mechanisms tend to be unconscious. When we bring deliberation and intention into the equation, we can embrace our natural rhythms. Heather talks about the difference between soothing versus nurturing, and Tara Brach’s RAINS Process
- Heather shares her story of when she discovered she was a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)
- We discuss the importance of learning about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)
- Heather tells us about her Course In Business Miracles and how it connects to her Highly Sensitive Entrepreneur movement
- Your ideal client is a version of you
- What Heather discovered when she gave her clients Elaine Aron’s HSP self-test
- Heather discusses the challenges and strengths she notices when working with Highly Sensitive Entrepreneurs (HSEs) through her training process
- Heather explains the HSE coping mechanisms and the HSE coping cycle
- We compare the differences between understanding and respecting our natural HSP rhythms and the coping mechanisms of HSEs
- Coping mechanisms tend to be unconscious; Bringing deliberation and consciousness into the equation is what allows us to embrace our natural rhythms
- Heather talks about the difference between soothing versus nurturing – Soothing is more reactive where nurturing is proactive
- Heather discusses Tara Brach’s RAINS Process – Recognize, Allow, Inquire, Nurture, Surrender
- Heather shares her insights regarding extroverts and introverts in the HSEs that she works with
- We talk about the Susan Cain’s depictions of introversion, and how it overlays the traits of the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), but does not name the trait
- Many people identify with what has been written about introversion, but are unaware that that traits of introversion include the traits of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)
- We discuss how we bring more to our clients as we level up in our HSP journey
- The importance of community, especially considering HSPs make up only 20% of the population
- Heather talks about the two HSE shadows – The shadow of perfectionism and the shadow of analysis paralysis
- Heather shares some of the challenges that she faces as an HSP
- We share some lighthearted stories about the growth in our marital relationships with non-HSPs.
Can you be highly successful in business and highly spiritual at the same time. Let’s take this question a step further. Is there a direct relationship between your spirituality and great success?
Heather Dominick is a woman who is impressively successful, and highly spiritual. A former high school drama teacher who collaborated with none other than Bette Midler. A graduate of NYU where she received her first coach training. Heather is the winner of the 2015 Best of Manhattan Coaching Award and creator of the 2014 Stevie Award winning virtual event A Course In Business Miracles®: 21-Day Discovery Series that attracted close to 6,000 official registrants from all around the world including: Iceland, Nigeria, Russia, Asia, South America, Australia, Europe and the U.S.
She has appeared on Lifetime Television and has been published in numerous books including Stepping Stones to Success alongside Deepak Chopra
An exceptional facilitator and teacher Heather is known for creating a safe, sacred community for true transformation whether she is teaching a Business Miracles® Class, delivering training online or in-person or mentoring members of her Business Miracles Community in her various Mentoring Programs. She has helped thousands of HSE®s release life-long limiting beliefs, overcome fears and learn how to build their business in a way that actually feels so good that they can’t help but create solid, sustainable, high-level financial success.
Heather is also the founder and leader of the Highly Sensitive Entrepreneur® movement.
Patricia Young is a Life Coach in California. Patricia works with Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) helping them understand their HSPness, and turning their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Patricia is passionate about providing education to help HSPs and non-HSPs understand and truly appreciate all the gifts we have to offer. Patricia works globally online with HSPS providing coaching. We meet over a private platform (similar to Skype), and you can have coaching from the privacy of your own home—when the kids are at school or are napping; from work; in your pajamas, or when you just can’t face sitting in traffic or going out. Patricia also facilitates online specialty groups for HSPs.
Website – www.businessmiracles.com
Facebook – www.facebook.com/businessmiracles
Instagram – www.instagram.com/bizmiracles
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/BizMiracles
Tara Brach Guided Meditation – The RAIN of Self-Compassion: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm1t5FyK5Ek
Jacquelyn Strickland’s article Introversion, Extroversion and the Highly Sensitive Person:
Janet Masey Zentangle in San Diego:
To write a review in itunes:
- click on this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unapologetically-sensitive/id1440433481?mt=2
- select “view in itunes”
- chose “open in itunes”
- choose “ratings and reviews”
- click to rate the number of stars
- click “write a review”
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com
Editor — David Petlansky of Pitseleh Pictures – www.facebook.com/PitselehPictures