I Wasn’t Invited…Follow Up
What happened after I released bonus episode 56? I had some insights, and some people reached out to me. I also realized that I had blatantly neglected another Mom that was in this group! She reached out to me, and I talk about our conversation. What do we do when someone wants to spend more time with us than we want (or are able to)? Can we be kind and set healthy boundaries?
- Another mom from this group I talk about in Bonus episode 56 reached out to me to provide support
- And she talked about feeling very hurt and left out by the group about something I initiated and never followed through with
- How to we own our mistakes?
- How do we make living amends when we have been unkind or insensitive (whether it’s intentional or not)
- Whose responsibility is it when we have been left out and we find out?
- We may have hurt others by not including them, and not even realized that we’ve done this
- What do we do when we find this out?
- How do we evaluate relationships?
- Gremlins are really a form of shame, and I talk about why it’s important to name our gremlins and how it frees us up
- If the women who didn’t invite me to their get together reached out to me to invite me in the future, would I join them?
- I explain where I’m at with this
- What do we do when we meet someone and they want to spend more time with us than we either want to or have the time to?
- What are some of the reasons that setting boundaries can be difficult for HSPs?
Patricia Young hosts the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive, and works with Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) helping them to understand their HSP traits, and turning their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Patricia is passionate about providing education to help HSPs and non-HSPs understand and truly appreciate the amazing gifts they have to offer. Patricia works globally online with HSPs providing coaching. Patricia also facilitates online groups for HSPs that focus on building community and developing skills (identifying your superpowers, boundaries, perfectionism, dealing with conflict, mindfulness, embracing emotions, creating a lifestyle that supports the HSP, communication and more).
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com