Our Highly Sensitive Strengths and How I Am Working with Anxious Thoughts
We need to talk more about the incredible strengths we have as Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs). I highlight some of these in this episode, and I talk about some anxiety I’m experiencing as I’m preparing to go away to a 7 day silent retreat at a Monastery, and what I’m hoping to get from this retreat.
- I talk a little bit about the retreat I’m going to
- What I’m hoping to get from the retreat, and what I struggle with
- Listing our HS strengths, and there are many!
- Why vulnerability and authenticity is important to me
- My concern about oversharing, and wanting the listener to feel validated, but wanting to also talk about the strengths we have as HSPs
- Some challenges I’m having; how I would have handled it in the past, and what’s different now
- I talk about what my gremlins are saying now—thank you for sharing
- The importance of naming things
- How when I’ve named things, I often struggle after releasing an episode
- How to pre-dispose for upcoming bumps
- Looking at the possibilities
- Playing around with our anxious thoughts and using that as a guide to see possibilities
Patricia Young hosts the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive, and works with Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) helping them to understand their HSP traits, and turning their perceived shortcomings into superpowers. Patricia is passionate about providing education to help HSPs and non-HSPs understand and truly appreciate the amazing gifts they have to offer. Patricia works globally online with HSPs providing coaching. Patricia also facilitates online groups for HSPs that focus on building community and developing skills (identifying your superpowers, boundaries, perfectionism, dealing with conflict, mindfulness, embracing emotions, creating a lifestyle that supports the HSP, communication and more).
Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive– https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music– Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com