How do I know if I need coaching?
What I would invite you to think about is the quality of your life.
- Where are you at with self-care, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, honoring your HS traits, communication, satisfaction at work and relationships?
- Are you feeling rested, peaceful, joyful and content? Or are you feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, depleted and inadequate?
- Can you easily name a handful of strengths that you have?
- Do you have that constant feeling that no matter what you do, it isn’t enough, or you’re not good enough?
- When challenges come up, do you feel overwhelmed, angry and incapacitated? Do you just want to hide? Or do you pause, gulp, then sigh, and then remind yourself that even though this is hard, you can handle the task at hand.
- If someone says you’re too sensitive, emotional, picky, high maintenance, indecisive, too deep, too quiet/shy or too demanding how does this leave you feeling?
- Do you mostly feel satisfied in your life with your job, family, friends and free time?
I’ve never done online coaching. It seems really weird!
To be honest, I was reluctant to provide online work. It’s been a game changer for a number of clients who don’t live in my area, but who really wanted to work with me. I suggest to clients who are reluctant, that they try it once, and if it is not comfortable, then I’m happy to provide referrals to other coaches. So far, everyone who has tried it, has decided they love it.
What can I expect from coaching?
Many HSPs feel guarded or on edge because no one really gets them! Coaching (if you have a great fit with your coach) is the place where you should be able to relax and know that your coach is here to support you. This is the one relationship where you don’t have to worry about the other person. This time is for you! It’s a place to learn what’s holding you back and how you can really thrive. We also work on learning more about HSP traits, so you increase your understanding and self-compassion.
There is NO perfect life, and we all have our ups and downs! Coaching will not make your life perfect; however, It will give you tools and understanding, so when the sh*t hits the fan, you have the resources to manage.
Coaching seems expensive
Coaching is an investment in yourself, and while many of us don’t hesitate to pay the doctor, the dentist, spend money on our children and our friends, we tend to feel guilty about spending money on ourselves. HSPs typically put others’ needs before their own needs. I totally understand this.
I often have to remind myself (when I’m feeling guilty about spending time or money on myself or setting limits with the people that I love), that when I take care of myself, everyone around me benefits! When I DON’T care for myself, I am irritable, exhausted, and I can feel like everyone and everything is sucking me dry.
We have an opportunity to model to those around us, how we take care of ourselves. Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) are often the glue that holds relationships together because we have so much to offer (only when we are taking care of ourselves).
What to expect when you contact me
I’m very transparent, and I want to be clear with prospective clients. I am committed to your growth and healing process, and in return, there are a few things that help me do my job well. My hope is that giving you this information provides a sense of security since you know what to expect.
We will talk about your reason(s) for seeking out coaching, and what you would goals you want to accomplish.
If you decide to schedule an appointment with me, I then send you all the paperwork electronically (via e-mail) through my Electronic Health Record (EHR), which is a HIPAA secure platform (this means it’s private). You can review and sign all paperwork electronically. You don’t have to print out anything (unless you want to).
If you don’t have access to e-mail, please let me know, and we can work around this.
I require that all electronic paperwork be completed at least 48 hours before our scheduled appointment in order to keep your appointment.